Ventilating for 5 to 10 minutes a day all year round helps to renew the indoor air and reduce the concentration of pollutants in your home.
Outdoor air and indoor air are not polluted in the same way:
- Some pollutants are only present indoors
- Some are present both indoors and outdoors, but in different concentrations, up to 15 times greater indoors than outdoors.
Aerate permits to dilute pollution, but not to eliminate it.
Ventilation allows the air to be renewed by ensuring free and permanent circulation.
It can be:
- natural: the air circulates in the dwelling through “new” air inlets and “polluted” air outlets,
- mechanical: VMC (controlled mechanical ventilation) is an electrical system for automatic and continuous air renewal.
3. Taking action on sources of pollution
- Tobacco: do not smoke inside, even open windows
- Do-It-Yourself Products and Works
- During the work, leave the room regularly and take breaks.
- Aerate for the duration of the work and several weeks afterwards
- Close containers to prevent evaporation.
- Some furniture – especially particleboard – emit chemicals for several weeks after opening the packaging. Allow furniture to ventilate in a well ventilated area for at least 15 days.
- Home Products
- Ventilate during cleaning activities
- Limit the number of cleaning products used and favour simple products: white vinegar, baking soda, Marseille soap, bleach.
- Reduce the quantities used
- Avoid perfumes, incense sticks, scented candles, sprays, etc.
- Do not mix products together, especially bleach.
- Take your house plants out to treat them
- Cleaning the air with an air purifier
Today, effective technical solutions exist to improve air quality. Blooow uses the phenomenon of adsorption to trap VOCs and formaldehyde. Adsorption has important advantages:
- There is no re-emission of pollutants. Polluting substances are not decomposed but captured, and therefore Blooow does not form harmful degradation by-products.
- There is no filter to change and clean regularly. Blooow requires no special maintenance, just hang it up.
- Blooow has been tested by the French independent laboratory FCBA which measured a 44% decrease in formaldehyde concentration in a closed space where polluted air circulates continuously. Concerning VOCs, a decrease of 30% was measured.